In the bustling urban landscapes of Sydney and other Australian cities, finding a parking space can be quite frustrating, time consuming, and the parking fees can get quite expensive. In this review, we explore DIVVY Parking, Share with Oscar, and Wilson Car Parking, three parking apps offering unique features and approaches to making parking more efficient and user-friendly.
DIVVY Parking: Pioneering Connectivity for Smarter Cities
DIVVY Parking stands out as a versatile platform connecting drivers with available parking spaces.
- Car Space Search: You can search for a car space on DIVVY via their app or on their website.
- Diverse Locations: Operating across multiple states, including New South Wales, Queensland, Victoria, and Western Australia.
- Real-time Availability: DIVVY’s smart parking technology provides minute-by-minute availability
- Parking Options: DIVVY has options for hourly, day, evening and monthly parking. You can make a booking up to 30 days in advance.
- QR code for simple access: On sign up with DIVVY, you are assigned a unique QR code and 8 digit pin, either helps you access and exit the car park.
- Staff Parking: If you have staff parking needs, DIVVY can refer to their parking network to assist
Originating from an Australian-based parking software and hardware company, DIVVY focuses on enhancing connectivity to make cities smarter and more liveable. DIVVY’s market leading technology and software to provide smooth parking experience for customers and management for a variety of bookable assets from car parks to end of trip facilities to meeting rooms and more.
Share with Oscar: Community-Driven Parking Solutions
Share with Oscar takes a unique community-centric approach, encouraging users to share their private parking spaces to optimise existing resources.
- Car Space Search: You can search for a car space on Share with Oscar via their app or on their website.
- Parking Locations: Share with Oscar offers parking across the Brisbane CBD, Melbourne CBD, Gold Coast and Sydney CBD.
- Parking Options: DIVVY has options to park for as little as 15 minutes and hourly, day, evening and monthly parking.
- Payment Options: Once you have provided credit or debit card details, you can choose to pay for parking via Pay As You Go(fees may apply), or ‘Automatic Top Up’
Founded by passionate female entrepreneurs, the idea for Share with Oscar originated from one of the co-founders once spent an hour unsuccessfully looking for a park at Bondi Beach, and ended up asking the owner if she park in a driveway for the afternoon for $20. The owner, named Oscar, agreed.
Wilson Car Parking: Simplifying Parking with Technology
The Wilson Car Parking App is designed for convenience, streamlining the parking process at Wilson Parking stations.
- Parking Locations: Wilson Parking spans over 130 parking Wilson Parking sites across Australia.
- Car Space Search: You can search for a Wilson Parking space via their app or on their website.
- Parking Deals: Wilson Parking offers exclusive offers and discounts when you pre-book online with Wilson Parking for certain carparks, offering both credit card or Wilson Parking Card payment options.
- Ticketless Parking: Booking, parking and exiting using the app (at participating carparks) means you don’t have to deal with printing out tickets or using an on-site pay machine. All costs are automatically deducted from your selected credit or debit account.
Conclusion: A Parking Revolution Down Under
These three car parking apps — Divvy Parking, Share with Oscar, and Wilson Car Parking — each bring a unique perspective to solving the challenges of urban parking in Sydney and other Australian cities. Whether it’s the connectivity focus of Divvy, the community-driven ethos of Share with Oscar, or the streamlined approach of Wilson, each app strives to enhance the overall parking experience for users.